Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog Post 4

In the Eagles' Nest Radio and Class, I learned that the phrase, all roads lead to Rome, was actually a true statement. It was known that the romans were very good architects and engineers and every road that they built, eventually led to downtown Rome. I also learned that inside of the buildings they built, they would have fights. The men who fought in them were named Gladiators, and they would fight until the last man was standing.

On Langwitche's blog, It is not about the tools, it is about the Skills, I learned that parents today are still living in the past. They are continuing to think that they way they did things are still the right and only way to do things, but they are wrong.

In the podcasting video, I learned that podcasting is a way to communicate with students outside of the classroom. I also learned that a vodcast was a podcast with video. On the Practical Principals blog I learned that two random people met from a few hundred miles away by using skype, and now they talk and record their conversations and then post them online. In the section of Podcasts and more, I learned that podcasts became an official word in 2004 when they words iPod and broadcast were combined.

The Education Podcast Network,I really thought this web page was pretty neat because so many people can put so many different ideas onto one page. I thought it was pretty amazing that the Ace Kids were that young and were creating an introduction to a radio station. I really enjoyed browsing around on this site. I never knew that children who were not even thought of 10 years ago would know more than I do about computers now.

In the Curriki Pdocast Collection website, I learned that a podcast is a radio-style broadcast. I thought it was pretty knee how many different ways that you can download a podcast on your computer. I also love the fact that they show that podcast can be used for students who missed assignments. I also like the fact that it is available all day and everyday.

In the Eagles' Nest Radio blog I really liked the fact that the teacher was taking the time to teach her young students about the internet. In the world today we need to be more and more technologically advanced in order to keep up with everything. I believe until we start getting more teachers like the in the United States, we will continue to fall behind.

Another thing that I liked about this website, was not only this teacher's desire to teach her students, but her desire to show off her students to the world. Many teachers love teaching the kids but then want to give themselves all the credit for what the kids have done and accomplished. Sure, we all know that they do have a major impact, but if it was not for the determination of the student themselves to learn and obtain knowledge, then all the teaching done would be in vain.

After looking over Langwitches blog, I really liked how the teacher said that a teachers heart smiles whenever a student becomes interested in what she or he is teaching, and starts becoming creative with it. I believe this is so true, because as I said in my video of why I wanted to be a teacher, was because I loved to help a student accomplish something they never thought they could do and then seeing them smile about it will be priceless.

3 comments:

  1. You had known about Romans and gladiators before, right?

    Do you think you will be a podcasting teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also learned a lot about podcasting. Before this assignment I really didn't have any idea what a podcast was. Now I see what a valuable tool it can be in the classroom.The students have a chance to be creative, and the teachers get a chance to showcase their students.

    Isn't it amazing how these children know so much about computers. These students made me feel so far behind. I showed my daughter some of these sites and she said she would like it if her teachers would use blog pages and podcasts with her classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Dr.Stange I did know about the Romans and the gladiators, to a point. I sure do hope to be a podcasting teacher. Podcast sounds very intersting, but I know it will be something I have to familiarize myself with.

    ReplyDelete