Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blog Post 4

Don't Teacher your kids this stuff please!

I really liked this article, he pretty much was telling the world that we need to start pushing technology in our schools. I completely agree with his statements he made in this post. Scott Mcloud is the Associate Professor of Educational Administration at Iowa Sate University. He was also the maker of the video Did You Know? that we had to watch and respond to.

The iSchool Initiative
I really enjoyed this video. He showed mainly how much money we could save. The main things that caught my attention was when he was showing how a school could have their lunch menu, their attendance records and many other things at one touch on a phone. He also showed how students could stay connected to their class and teacher's at the same time, all day and everyday.

I completely agree that we should start putting this system into our schools. I know from my own personal experience that there was many times that I needed to ask the teacher a question about an assignment, but could not get in touch with them until the next day, and unfortunately then it was too late. He made a great point talking about how much money we could save on paper,pencils and many more accessories that schools require students to have these days.

The Lost Generation
When I first watched this I was shocked at the things she was saying, but then I started realzing that it was explaining the exact world that we all livein. I really loved the technique she used in this video. Not only did she say that we need to reverse it, but when she read it backwards and that was showing the way it should be, it absolutely amazed me. Not only was this video inspiring, but it was very creative in how it was setup.


Eric Whitaker's Virtual Choir

This video showed me how many different ways and benfits the internet offers us now, compared to how it used to. It was amazing to see how over a hundred people put together little pieces of a song by using the internet and then the person who created the song made it sound like a masterpiece.





3 comments:

  1. Sam, I agree with you about having the iSchool system into our schools. I have also had many time when I needed to know an assignment, but there was no way to get in touch with the teacher. I think that having this program will save us money for all school systems. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a question. A serious question. We decide the iSchool should be the school of the future. How do we accomplish that? If we can create a virtual choir can't we also create a masterpiece? I have been thinking more and more about how we bring change to the schools near us. Maybe we can devise a class effort toward that end. Be thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking about it. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete