Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Final Reflection

What I have learned?
What I have learned in this class is that knowing how to use technology is very important. It is very important for a teacher to be tech literate because there are so many things teachers can use in the classroom now that are technology based. There are many things now that I can do that I couldn't do a few weeks ago. They are things like blogging, having a PLN, organizing a google reader page, following other blogs. Also somethings like how to skype, how to use timetoast for an instructional lesson or an informational lesson. I also learned how to post audio on to a blog and how to put videos on youtube. I am different in many ways after taking this class, one being that now I enjoy computers, another is that I do believe in knowing as much about technology as you can, and last but not least I do believe blogging is a great tool for staying connected to people around the world. A few things that I think about now are things like my goals in the technology world. When I started this class I could have cared less about knowing anything there was to know about technology,now I really do believe on surfing the internet and trying to find helpful materials that will make you a better teacher. I will most definitely approach teaching differently now that I have taken this class. I will be the first to admit that I was one of those teachers that did not care about making class fun, but now that I realize how much fun technology in the classroom can be I will definitely approach teaching different. What I have learned by working with others is that no matter how much you think you know, there is always something else to learn and always someone else that knows how to teach it to you. The main thing I would need to work on to become a better teacher is learning more about how to use technology in the classroom. I have a basic knowledge of how a lot of good things work now so now I need to improve on those skills. EDM310 has affected me in many ways, one being that now I like computers, two is that I strive now to know more about technology and three is that I hope one day to teach a class like this in a high school and maybe get them prepared for this class.

Whoo! Where do I start about telling someone about this class. Well first off the most important thing I would tell them is to not fall behind, the most important thing is to get everything done on time. I would tell them in order to make this class more meaningful that they should develop relationships with people in the class and also the instructors. I would tell them to read the Instructional Manual everyday because that is about how often it seemed to change. I would definitely encourage them to follow Dr. Chamberlain and also Eric Langhorst. I would tell them to definitely take advantage of the group projects, help your partners with as much as you can and at the same time, learn from them as much as you can.

BUT FOR THE OVERALL QUALITY OF THIS CLASS I WOULD GIVE IT AN A+. THE TEACHERS WERE GREAT AND THE ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE MOST PART WERE MEANINGFUL AND ENJOYABLE AT THE SAME TIME. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE LEARNING WHILE HAVING FUN. BUT ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED ME IN THIS CLASS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your generous comments. It amazes me how many students say, like you, that expected very little from EDM310 in the beginning but were pleasantly surprised about how much they learned. When a community of learners truly develops, as you suggest it did for you in EDM310, then miracles can happen.

    Stay in touch. Stop by the lab. Comment on the blogs of some of the students next semester. Good luck and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete